At MACES, undergraduate students, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, faculty members, and summer MACES fellows have access to state-of-the-art instruments for synthesis, characterization, and performance evaluation, after training and certification. Major instruments and capabilities available in our faculty labs address:
- Materials synthesis and characterization (Click to Read More)
- Energy storage and conversion performance characterization (Click Read More)
- Ultrafast optical and magnetic characterization (Click Read More)
- Biomolecular synthesis and characterization (Click Read More)
- Modeling (Click Read More)
UC Merced’s compact campus includes four shared user facilities: the Imaging Microscope Facility, the Environmental Analytical Lab, the Molecular Characterization Facility, and the Stem Cell Instrument Foundry.
In addition, some faculty have access to state-of-the-art instrumentation at Lawrence Livermore National Lab and the synchrotron facilities at Advanced Light Source and at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.