Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program
MACES sponsors a thriving program geared toward the education and training of undergraduate research fellows. This program includes research training in the labs of the MACES faculty through working on a MACES related project, and a series of professional development monthly workshops. The topics covered in the workshops include introducing the participants to tools for thorough literature searches, writing abstracts for conferences, writing professional resumes, and preparing and presenting talks. MACES undergraduate fellows have the opportunity to participate in various MACES events, including events with direct connection to NASA.
Eligibility: UC Merced enrolled full-time undergraduate students with at least two semesters of college experience (GPA 3.0 or above); US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
- Research-related experience in the areas of chemistry, physics, materials science and engineering
- Experimental learning and hands-on training on cutting edge research instrumentation
- Research and academic guidance and mentoring from MACES faculty (see list) and graduate students
- Professional development opportunities via participation in monthly workshops
- MACES Application Form
- Name of preferred (and second choice) UC Merced MACES faculty advisor (see list)
- Contact information for one reference (include name, position, email address and phone number)
- UC Merced Unofficial Transcript
- A description of your interest in the MACES Undergraduate Fellowship Program (limited to 300 words)
Application Deadline: September 15, 2017
Application Submission: Click Here!
Contact Info: Petia Gueorguieva: email@example.com